Spicy Minced Beef Eggplant
Ingredients: 3 mini eggplants (sliced into half)
Salt and pepper
500 g minced beef (or any desired meat)
2 pieces of shiitake mushroom
1 big red onion chopped
1 strand freshly chopped thyme
1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soya sauce
1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
1 tablespoon FINAL DESTINATION
Olive oil Spring onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Slice the eggplant meat into squares but make sure you don’t cut through the skin.
- Distribute enough salt all over the eggplant and leave it for 30 minutes (to remove excess water).
- Squeeze and drain off excess water from eggplant.
- Once the eggplants’ excess water has been removed, season the eggplant with thyme and pepper
- Using a barbecue butter brush, glaze the eggplant with enough olive oil (top and bottom)
- Place eggplant on top of aluminum foil and into the preheated oven, eggplant skin facing upwards.
- After 10 minutes, turn the eggplant to cook the other side for another 5 minutes.
Meat on top of the eggplant:
- In a frying pan, insert olive oil and onion, fry until caramelized or softened.
- Insert beef and mushroom, and stir fry for about 4 minutes.
- Insert all the remaining sauces as well as FINAL DESTINATION and cook beef on low fire. Keep stirring for another 3 minutes until beef is cooked well with the sauces.
- Take the eggplant out of the oven and place it onto a plate, skin facing down.
- Take the cooked minced beef and distribute it on top of the eggplant.
- Garnish the spicy mince beef eggplant with spring onion (optional).
- Serve hot and enjoy!